Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halloween...NOT

I usually love Halloween (and yes, I realize that this is a day late, but don't rush me).  I love to dress up, although I haven't in the last few years.  My mom makes special extra-cheesy Mac N' Cheese and homemade chili, hot spiced cider, and we watch Sleepy Hollow (the one with Johnny Depp) on rerun until the wee hours of the morning.

Even though I wasn't going to be home this year, and even though I still wasn't dressing up (why do I have two exams after Halloween? cruel and twisted professors....), I was still looking forward to watching semi-scary movies and hanging out with some cool people.

That all changed when the Stomach Virus from F***king Hell attacked.

Hehe, like the The Last Airbender monologue quote?


My roommate, aka Sansa, had been sick with some kind of flu while home on fall break, and has been nursing a cold ever since. I, on the other hand, have been right as rain, and we'd both thought that I must have a fantastic immune system, or the contagious period had passed before I'd come into contact with her.

Monday, 2am, I was awakened by extreme chills, sweating, what felt like a fever, and several other symptoms that had me running to the bathroom every hour, on the hour.

This is day 4 of this mysterious illness, although today has been much better, thank you very much (but I suspect that it's because of the lovely drugs that I've been given by the kind people of the Health Services building yesterday).

Good news? I do not have the flu, nor do I have some sort of urinary tract infection.

Bad news? I seem to have caught the most current strain of a nasty stomach virus that's been making the rounds recently. It can last anywhere from 3-10 days.  I'm hoping to be over it by no later than Sunday.  Fingers crossed.

Needless to say, my Halloween sucked.  If next year is not better, I think I'll cry.

In other news, I am pleased to announce that I have currently lost 15 pounds since beginning my diet.  And despite my diet of saltines and powerade of the last three days, it has been done gradually and healthily. I am very excited!!

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go curl up in a blanket and try to sleep through the night...

No comments:

Post a Comment