Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ahem...It's A Bit Dusty

Hello?  *knocks timidly*  Anyone here?  *shivers as voice bounces off cobweb covered halls*

So, it has been 103 days since I have posted. Bad blogger! Very bad blogger! *slaps wrist with a ruler*

Instead of explaining myself, I'll get right into a recap, and then an update. I'm making it my mission not to neglect this anymore, because it really is therapeutic for me!  Anyway....

1) Sickness
*When I last wrote, I was still getting over a nasty flu.  Suffice to say that it took about two more weeks of solid Powerade and plain foods before I was completely back on my feet.  Just in time to prepare and stress for finals! Yay!

2) Finals
*Went extremely well (including French, which didn't kick my ass as hard as it usually does). I surprised myself on my Global Politics Final, FINALLY getting an A on an exam! I'd been coasting on high B+'s all semester, and for whatever reason, the way my teacher gives exams just clicked. I ended the Semester with a 3.83 GPA, and made the Dean's List!

3) Accomplishments
*So, back when I was a naive first semester-freshman, I had opted to get honors credit for my European Medieval/Renaissance/Enlightenment History class.  It was a paper on any topic of my choice, either research or literary analysis.  12-15 pages in length, cited in the Chicago Manual Style.  I chose a literary analysis of Anne Boleyn, to see how different authors have treated her over the centuries.  This is all great and good, but I lost track of time. So, by my last Friday, I had six tomes of biographical information to read over the course of the weekend PLUS writing a rough draft that was 12-15 pages. Gah! I now can proudly saw that I accomplished this feat (1700 pages in two days!), pulled my first all-nighter to crank out those fifteen pages, and my professor was none the wiser. He even complimented me on my talent, surprised that this was my first paper.  Needless to say, I got an A in the class, AND the honors credit.

4) Roommate
*It's amazing how just a few short weeks can completely change perspective. When I last wrote, I had you all believing that I was living with some crazed and awful person. Let me be the first to say, THIS IS NOT TRUE! My roommate and I have discovered that we actually are very well suited to living together. We've been getting along amazingly, and I am grateful for such a sarcastic (like me), funny and responsible person to be my roommate.

5) New Year
*So, I am about a month and a half into my second semester. I am taking Astronomy (science requirement), Computer Literacy (computer requirement), a Tudor Monarchy History class (major + fun requirement), an Honors section of English 102 (English + fun requirement), my freshman honors course (honors requirement) and a Latin Salsa/Ballroom dance class (FUN!!!). I just took my first Astronomy Exam and feel pretty good about it. I got an A on my first History paper.  So it looks like things are going well.

That's all I'm going to say for now. Hopefully I'll keep to this more!

Happy Valentine's Day! *smooch*

No comments:

Post a Comment